Reporting to the Head of International Business, you will be leading the company’s sales and business development effort in the given territory. You will be both developing sales with existing customers (engineering companies, plant operators…) and looking for new business on existing or new market segments.
The main tasks of this role are:
- Develop existing customer relationships, identify and develop new prospects
- Promote the company’s offer and provide feedback to head office regarding future product developments
- Identify, qualify, develop, negotiate and close business opportunities
- Ensure consistency of the strategy in the territory: distribution channels, communication, pricing policy, coordination with other sales managers, coordination with service department
Your main focus (80 % of your effort) will be Belgium and the Netherlands but the territory will also include Baltic and Nordic countries, on a more opportunistic mode.
Your professional experience is over 3-5 years. You are a Mechanical Engineer or you do possess engineering background; therefore you are able to provide engineering guidance to your clients. You have been a Sales Representative or a Sales Manager in a process or manufacturing industry. You are used to manage long sales cycles.
- You speak fluently French, English and Dutch
- Ideally you speak French and have some experience dealing with a French employer
- Proactive, clever, resourceful: you get things done
- You work with a methodology and great attention to details
- You are results-oriented and committed to success
- Your moral values are of high standard and you do work in transparency
Position shall be based home-office in an area that should ideally be north of Brussels, and south of Amsterdam. It will require regular travelling (1- to 3-day trips) in the territory. A company car (Type: Peugeot 308) is provided. You must be entitled to work full time in the Netherlands and have no travel restrictions in the EU.